MillikanAlumni
Pacific Electric Red Car in Long Beach

Red Car eastbound on Ocean Ave. in downtown Long Beach.

Originally built in 1913 by Pullman and fondly known as Blimps due to their large size, this class of cars first came to the PE during WWII to start a special service to the shipyards to support war time work. They closed out service on the last running line, the Long Beach line, in 1961 most of which has been reborn into the Metro Blue Line.

The Los Angeles Harbor Department is resurrecting a mile and a half long segment
of the old Pacific Electric line in early 2001, and will have two replica Red Cars.


The goal of this web site is to be a resource for alumni of Millikan High School

Return to The 50s page

Return to "The Pike"

The goal of this web site is to be a resource for alumni of Millikan High School

Return to top of page


Return to Millikan Home Page


Hosted, Designed, & Updates
by
Paul Prosise class of 1958

Click Here to Send Email to Paul

Entire contents of
this Web site
copyright 2000-2010
by
Paul Prosise. All
rights reserved.

Latest Updates   Looking for a Classmate?   Millikan Reunions   "Go Old Days"    The Pike   Time Line Stories

  CORYDON Archives   Millikan Vets   Update on Classmates '57 to '60   Millikan & Classmates Web Sites

  Reunion Planning & Finding Classmates    Other H.S. Reunions & Web Sites

Classmates We Will Miss    Faculty We Will Miss

Return to top of page